The Howard County Police Foundation is sponsoring the seventeenth Annual College Scholarship Award Program for high school seniors graduating in the spring of 2018. One scholarship will be awarded to the son/daughter of a Howard County Police Department Employee (active, retired, medically disabled, or deceased). The applicant is not required to attend a Howard County school.
The second scholarship will be awarded to a high school senior residing in Howard County. The applicant for this scholarship is not required to attend a Howard County school.
Each scholarship will be in the amount of $2,000. There is no limitation as to the number of entrants that can come from any school.
The following criterion has been established by the Scholarship Committee:
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Involvement in extracurricular activities.
Each application submitted shall include the following:
- Attached application (must be typed).
- Certified copy of high school transcript. (sealed and mailed to the address below).
- Letters of verification with respect to participation in extracurricular events.
- Up to five testimonials (letters from teachers, coaches, employers, community leaders and newspaper articles). No videos or electronic media will be accepted.
Applications must be received by March 2, 2018. Mail the application and required attachments to:
The Howard County Police Foundation Scholarship Committee
c/o Lt. Tanya Riffle
Howard County Police Department
3410 Court House Drive
Ellicott City, MD 21043
Please call Lt. Tanya Riffle at (410) 313-2203 with any questions. Thank you for your interest in The Howard County Police Foundation Scholarship Award. We look forward to receiving your application.